In addition to my hypnotherapy practice, I have lectured and taught hypnosis and hypnotherapy subject matter classes at colleges, universities, and for professional and community groups throughout California.
Beyond being active in my profession for 50 years, I have extensive counseling experience, through having worked for Los Angeles County for 32-years, before retiring in 2002. My career assignments included but were not limited to:
- Counseling probationers
- Supervising counseling and treatment services provided to individuals on probation
- Working as a consultant to the administrators of 21 counseling and treatment programs
- Designing and implementing a ‘model’ counseling program for the Los Angeles County Probation Department, and
- Having administrative responsibility for a 120 bed counseling and treatment program in Malibu, CA.
My client base is diverse, ranging from individuals seeking personal and professional self-improvement to medical referrals, dental referrals, and referrals from licensed counseling professionals. Referrals from dentists, physicians, and counseling professionals have historically accounted for some 30% of my clients.
In addition to my private counseling practice, I am a Senior Clinical Instructor in White Memorial Medical Center’s (WMMC) Craniofacial Pain Clinic, in Hawthorne, CA. In this capacity, I have taught self-hypnosis techniques and worked with dental referrals who presented with chronic pain.
In the professional educational arena, I have taught a continuing education classes titled Learn Hypnosis and Understand How Hypnotherapy Can Benefit Your Clients and Understanding Stress, Hypnosis, and the Use of Self-Hypnosis for Stress Management. One or both of these classes have been taught to licensed therapists through the Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS), Psycho-Legal Associates, and the Department of Educational Psychology, at California State University Northridge (CSUN). I have also taught a 12-hour continuation education class to dentists in California. This class is titled Hypnosis in Dentistry: Learn Hypnosis While Understanding Its Use in 21st Century Dentistry.
Lastly, by way of Skype, Face Time, and in person, I have mentored licensed therapists about The Use of Hypnosis in 21st Century Counseling, and Developing Your Business Plan and The Business Practices Necessary to Develop and Grow a Thriving Counseling Practice.
My areas of specialization include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Avocational and Vocational Counseling
- Test Taking Preparation and Test Taking Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Sleep Improvement
- Medical Hypnosis by Referral to include Weight Loss, Pain Management, etc.
- Integrative Therapy with Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and
- Teaching Self-Hypnosis to All Clients as an Adjunct to Hypnotherapy
Note: As a Hypnotherapist I Do Not Diagnose, Prescribe, or Treat any Medical or Psychological Condition.
- A.A., B.A. and M.S. Degrees
- Post-Secondary Certifications as a Hypnotist, Master Hypnotist, and Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Ht.)
- Dale Carnegie School Graduate
- Approximately 1,500 Hours of Standards and Training in Corrections Classes
- Modern Hypnosis for 21st Century Dentists ~ The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at USC
- Approximately 1,000 Hours of Monthly Continuing Education ~ WMMC Craniofacial Pain Clinic ~ through April 2015
American Hypnosis Association Certifications:
- Guided Imagery and Advanced Imagery Facilitator
- Therapeutic Imagery Master
- Imagery for Life Passages
- Hypnosis and ADD / ADHD
- Hypnosis and Smoking Cessation
- Hypnosis and Weight Loss
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Past Life Regression
Affiliations and Professional Memberships
- Senior Clinical Instructor, White Memorial Medical Center’s Craniofacial Pain Clinic, Hawthorne, CA
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Fellow, American Institute of Stress
- National Guild of Hypnotists (Certified Hypnotherapist ID #25724)
- American Hypnosis Association (AHA)
- Adjunct Instructor ~ Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences
- Adjunct Instructor ~ Psycho-Legal Associates
- Adjunct Instructor ~ Association for Humanistic Psychology
- Adjunct Instructor ~ CSUN, Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling
- Retired Ambassador ~ Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Improving Sleep through the Use of Self -Hypnosis
- Learn Self-Hypnosis: A Skill That Can Improve Many Areas of Your Life
- Understanding Stress and Learning How to Use Self-Hypnosis for Stress Management
- Using Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis to Achieve and Maintain Successful Weight Loss
- Using Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis to Stop Smoking
Geographic Service Area
In that I now am a full time resident of La Quinta, I primarily work with clients who reside in the cities of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, and Coachella.