Range of Services

I work with a wide range of issues and provide services that span the use of hypnosis for vocational and avocational counseling, and hypnotherapy by way of dental, medical, and psychological referral.

As described elsewhere on my web site, I have instructed licensed therapists at many locations throughout California.

My office provides a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, wherein I offer a highly personalized approach, tailored to each client’s needs. In doing so, my goal is to help each client attain the personal and professional growth they seek to achieve.  At the same time, I strive to accomplish the foregoing in as few sessions as is professionally responsible.

In keeping with the above, I work by the session and not by the 45 minute counseling hour. In that certain clients demonstrate the capacity to benefit exponentially by my spending extra session time with them, I do so, at my discretion, for no additional charge.

Categories of Services

Teaching Self-Hypnosis

Learning self-hypnosis, on a one to one basis, usually takes place over two sessions.  Combined, these sessions account for approximately 3 1/2 hours of instruction. At the end of the second session, self-hypnosis clients’ have enough skill to demonstrate their ability to initiate self-hypnosis using two different approaches.

Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy (avocational and vocational self-improvement counseling) most typically takes place over a range of 6 to 10 weekly sessions.  When hypnotherapy goes beyond 10 sessions, I find that most clients benefit when the subsequent sessions are spaced at 2 week intervals.  My last session always involves teaching a client self-hypnosis.

Dental, Medical, and Psychological Hypnotherapy

Dental and medical referrals typically mirror the sessions range for avocational and vocational self-improvement counseling.

It is more time consuming to work with psychological referrals.  These referrals may very well also include avocational or vocational counseling. Out of professional necessity they always involve working with the referring clinician toward implementing specific aspects of their treatment plan.  Again, these are weekly sessions.  Psychological referrals most often have duration from 8 to 12 sessions. When hypnotherapy goes beyond 12 sessions, I find that most referred clients benefit when the subsequent sessions are spaced at 2 week intervals.  My last session frequently involves teaching these clients self-hypnosis.

The above time frames accurately describe the number of sessions for some 80% of my clients.  Of the remaining 20%, there are those who either choose to spend more time in hypnotherapy successfully working on additional goals, or those who require more time in hypnotherapy to achieve more complex goals.

Some clients request maintenance programs following hypnotherapy. The maintenance patterns that follow are case specific. However most often they tend to involve monthly sessions. During this time, clients are using self-hypnosis extensively. Our sessions are evaluative and supportive while serving to keep the client on track and grounded while they work toward achieving additional goals and objectives in a cost effective manner.