In addition to my hypnotherapy practice, I have lectured and taught hypnosis and hypnotherapy subject matter classes at colleges, universities, and for professional and community groups throughout California.
Beyond being active in my profession for 57 years, I have extensive counseling experience, enhanced through having worked for Los Angeles County for 32-years, before retiring in 2002. My career assignments included but were not limited to:
- Counseling probationers
- Supervising counseling and treatment services provided to individuals on probation
- Working as a consultant to the administrators of 21 counseling and treatment programs
- Designing and implementing a ‘model’ counseling program for the Los Angeles County Probation Department, and
- Having administrative responsibility for a 120 bed counseling and treatment program in Malibu, CA.
My client base has been diverse, ranging from counseling individuals seeking personal and professional self-improvement to working with medical referrals, dental referrals, and referrals from licensed counseling professionals. Before moving to La Quinta, referrals from dentists, physicians, and counseling professionals accounted for 30% or more of my clients.
In addition to my private counseling practice, I am a Senior Clinical Instructor in White Memorial Medical Center’s (WMMC) Craniofacial Pain Clinic, in Hawthorne, CA. In this capacity, I have taught self-hypnosis techniques and worked with dental referrals who presented with chronic pain. I remain affiliated with the clinic on a consulting and teaching basis.
In the professional educational arena, I have taught a continuing education classes titled Learn Hypnosis and Understand How Hypnotherapy Can Benefit Your Clients and Understanding Stress, Hypnosis, and the Use of Self-Hypnosis for Stress Management. One or both of these classes have been taught to licensed therapists through the Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS), Psycho-Legal Associates, and the Department of Educational Psychology, at California State University Northridge (CSUN). I have also taught a 12-hour continuation education class to dentists in California. This class is titled Hypnosis in Dentistry: Learn Hypnosis While Understanding Its Use in 21st Century Dentistry.
Lastly, by way of Skype, Face Time, and in person, I have mentored licensed therapists about The Use of Hypnosis in 21st Century Counseling, and Developing Your Business Plan and The Business Practices Necessary to Develop and Grow a Thriving Counseling Practice.
My areas of specialization include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Avocational and Vocational Counseling
- Test Taking Preparation and Test Taking Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Sleep Improvement
- Medical Hypnosis by Referral to include Weight Loss, Pain Management, etc.
- Integrative Therapy with Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and
- Teaching Self-Hypnosis to All Clients as an Adjunct to Hypnotherapy
Note: Hypnotherapists Do Not Diagnose, Prescribe, or Treat any Medical or Psychological Condition.
- A.A., B.A. and M.S. Degrees
- Post-Secondary Certifications as a Hypnotist, Master Hypnotist, and Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Ht.)
- Dale Carnegie School Graduate
- Approximately 1,500 Hours of Standards and Training in Corrections Classes
- Modern Hypnosis for 21st Century Dentists ~ The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at USC
- Approximately 1,000 Hours of Continuing Education ~ WMMC Craniofacial Pain Clinic ~ through April 2015
American Hypnosis Association Certifications:
- Guided Imagery and Advanced Imagery Facilitator
- Therapeutic Imagery Master
- Imagery for Life Passages
- Hypnosis and ADD / ADHD
- Hypnosis and Smoking Cessation
- Hypnosis and Weight Loss
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Past Life Regression
- Hypnotherapy for Seniors
Affiliations and Professional Memberships
- Senior Clinical Instructor, White Memorial Medical Center’s Craniofacial Pain Clinic, Hawthorne, CA
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Fellow, American Institute of Stress
- National Guild of Hypnotists (Certified Hypnotherapist ID #25724)
- American Hypnosis Association (AHA)
- Adjunct Instructor ~ Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences ~ Retired
- Adjunct Instructor ~ Psycho-Legal Associates ~ Retired
- Adjunct Instructor ~ Association for Humanistic Psychology ~ Retired
- Adjunct Instructor ~ CSUN, Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling ~ Retired
- Retired Ambassador ~ Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce
The following is a list of 2-4 hour workshops I have taught over the years.
- Improving Sleep through the Use of Self -Hypnosis
- Learn Self-Hypnosis: A Skill That Can Improve Many Areas of Your Life
- Understanding Stress and Learning How to Use Self-Hypnosis for Stress Management
- Using Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis to Achieve and Maintain Successful Weight Loss
- Using Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis to Stop Smoking
Geographic Service Area
As a full time resident of La Quinta, I primarily work with clients who reside in the cities of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta, and Indio. However, where people live has become somewhat inconsequential in the face of advances in video conferencing platforms.
Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime have expanded my service area throughout the United States. I have also worked with a number of International clients and professionals.