My professional career in hypnosis began with teaching self-hypnosis classes at California State University Northridge (CSUN) in 1967. I have maintained a hypnotherapy practice, lectured and taught hypnosis and hypnotherapy classes at colleges, universities, and for professional and community groups throughout California.
Beyond being active in hypnotherapy for 56 years, I have extensive counseling experience through having worked for Los Angeles County for 32-years, before retiring in 2002. My career line and administrative assignments included, but were not limited to:
- Counseling adolescents;
- Supervising staff providing counseling and treatment services to adolescents;
- Working as a consultant to the administrators of twenty-one counseling and treatment programs in Los Angeles and Ventura counties;
- Designing and implementing a model counseling program for the Los Angeles County Probation Department; and
- Having administrative oversight responsibility for a 120-bed counseling and treatment program in Malibu, CA.
My client base has been diverse, ranging from counseling individuals seeking personal and professional self-improvement to working with medical, dental, and psychological referrals. Before moving to La Quinta, referrals from dentists, physicians, and counseling professionals accounted for more than 30% of my clients.
Additionally, I serve as a Senior Clinical Instructor in White Memorial Medical Center’s Craniofacial Pain Clinic, in Hawthorne, CA. In this capacity, I have taught self-hypnosis techniques and worked with dental referrals who presented with chronic pain. I remain affiliated with the clinic on a consulting and teaching basis.
In the professional educational arena, I developed and taught two continuing education classes titled Learn Hypnosis and Understand How Hypnotherapy Can Benefit Your Clients and Understanding Stress, Hypnosis, and the Use of Self-Hypnosis for Stress Management. Classes have been taught to licensed therapists through the Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS), Psycho-Legal Associates, the Association for Humanistic Psychology, and the Department of Educational Psychology, at California State University Northridge (CSUN). I have also developed and taught a 12-hour continuation education class to dentists in California, titled Hypnosis in Dentistry: Learn Hypnosis While Understanding Its Use in 21st Century Dentistry.
By way of Skype, Face Time, Zoom, and in person, I have mentored licensed therapists about the use of hypnosis in counseling and the development of a business plan and the business practices necessary to develop a thriving counseling practice.
Note: Hypnotherapists do not diagnose, prescribe, or treat any medical or psychological condition.
- A.A., B.A., and M.S. Degrees
- Post-Secondary Certifications: Hypnotist, Master Hypnotist, and Certified Hypnotherapist (C.Ht.)
- Dale Carnegie School Graduate
- Approximately 1,500 Hours of Standards and Training in Corrections
- Modern Hypnosis for 21st Century Dentists — The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at USC
- Approximately 1,000 Hours of Continuing Education – WMMC Craniofacial Pain Clinic
American Hypnosis Association Certifications
- Guided Imagery and Advanced Imagery Facilitator
- Therapeutic Imagery Master
- Imagery for Life Passages
- Hypnosis and ADD / ADHD
- Hypnosis and Smoking Cessation
- Hypnosis and Weight Loss
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Past Life Regression
- Hypnotherapy for Seniors
Affiliations and Professional Memberships
- Senior Clinical Instructor, White Memorial Medical Center’s Craniofacial Pain Clinic
- Fellow, American Institute of Stress
- American Hypnosis Association (AHA)
- Adjunct Instructor — Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences — Retired
- Adjunct Instructor — Psycho-Legal Associates — Retired
- Adjunct Instructor — Association for Humanistic Psychology — Retired
- Adjunct Professor — CSUN, Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling — Retired
- Ambassador — Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce — Retired
My community workshops have always been taught without cost to the attendees. Doing so reflects my commitment to community service.
- Improving Sleep through the Use of Self -Hypnosis
- Learn Self-Hypnosis: A Skill That Can Improve Many Areas of Your Life
- Understanding Stress and Learning How to Use Self-Hypnosis for Stress Management
- Using Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis to Achieve and Maintain Successful Weight Loss
- Using Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis to Stop Smoking
Geographic Service Area
As a resident of La Quinta, I primarily respond to inquiries from individuals who reside in the cities of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta, and Indio. However, where people live has become somewhat inconsequential due to advances in video conferencing platforms.
Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime have expanded my service area throughout the United States, and to include international clients and professionals.