I work with a wide range of issues and provide services that span the use of hypnosis for vocational and avocational counseling and hypnotherapy by way of dental, medical, and psychological referral.
My approach is highly personalized and tailored to each client’s needs. My goal is to help clients attain the personal and professional growth they seek to achieve. At the same time, I strive to accomplish the foregoing in as few sessions as is professionally responsible.
In keeping with the above, I work by the session and not by the 45-minute clinical hour. Certain clients demonstrate the capacity to benefit exponentially by spending additional session time together, therefore, I do so at my discretion, for no additional charge.
Categories of Services
Hypnotherapy (avocational and vocational self-improvement counseling) for self-improvement typically takes place over a range of 6 to 10 weekly sessions. When hypnotherapy goes beyond 10 sessions, most clients benefit when subsequent sessions are spaced at 2-week, 3-week, or 4-week intervals.
My goal is to emancipate each client, while providing them with the necessary self-management tools and skills. This includes teaching each client self-hypnosis.
Dental, Medical, and Psychological Hypnotherapy
It is more time-consuming to work with medical and psychological referrals. Out of professional necessity, such referrals involve communicating with the referring physician or therapist to understand and integrate their treatment plan into my hypnotherapy. Again, these are weekly sessions. Psychological referrals most often involve 10 to 16 sessions. When hypnotherapy goes beyond 16 sessions, I find that most referred clients benefit when the subsequent sessions are spaced at 2-week intervals. Again, my last session involves teaching these clients self-hypnosis unless contraindicated.
The above time frames accurately describe the number of sessions for approximately 80% of my clients. Of the remaining 20%, there are those who either choose to spend more time in hypnotherapy working on additional goals, or those who require additional time in hypnotherapy to achieve more complex objectives.
Some clients request maintenance programs following hypnotherapy. Maintenance patterns are case specific. Often maintenancesessions tend to involve monthly sessions. During this time, clients are using self-hypnosis extensively. Our sessions are evaluative and supportive while serving to keep the client on track and grounded as they work toward achieving additional goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner.